The main goal for competition nutrition is to extract the maximum performance from your body, during that event, whilst increasing the time before fatigue hits.
Competition nutrition can be broken into 3 main categories:
- Nutrition before the event
- Nutrition during the event
- Nutrition for recovery
What competition or event you are involved in will depend what your nutrition plan will be. In fact nutrition plans can differ between different athletes, even if they are competing in the same event. If you speak to all 22 players in a top level football team, you will find that each individual player will have a different nutrition plan before the game, during the game and with recovery.
Some of the main reasons for this are:
- Foods you actually like
- Foods you find are easy to digest
- Nerves and anxiety levels
- Time of the event or game
- Food allergies or intolerances
- Religious and cultural reasons
- Sport or event you are involved in
- Position you play if a team sport
If you are missing a competition or game day nutrition plan, or want to check that what you are currently doing is correct, contact us today here.